Our People Philosophy,
Values and Believes
We are always looking for smart and great people to join us in Xoxzo. But beyond than just smart and great, most importantly we look for people that share the same values and believes on what "work" means. Not only in the nature of what we do, but also where, how and with who we work with.
Work is an integral part of our lives. It is not just a means for us to put food on the table and roof over our heads. On average, we spend 90,000 hours at work over the span of our lifetime. This is too much commitment for "just to put food on the table and roof over our heads". We believe it should mean much more than that.
The value that each and everyone of us on the team bring to table equals to the commitment that we put in to the responsibility that was given to us. It is not just something to be done so you get your paycheck at the end of the month: It is something we believe in, something that we're proud of and something that will bring real value to our customers and their customers.
The greatest differentiator of a company is not it's size, market cap or even product: The biggest differentiator of any company, big or small, are its values and the people that make up that company that believe in those values.
This is our culture and our "DNA". These are the guiding forces that decides the different ways a company looks at problems that they face and tackle them.
WE'RE FLAT STRUCTURED
Xoxzo has a flat structure. Everyone has access to the CEO. Everyone cleans their own plates. We don't do hand holding, simply because nearly all the time our hands are full, but if you're stuck, ask for help and someone will be there.
We understand and accept difference in genders, cultures, thinking and orientation from food to sexual preferences. None of these are better than the other. Differences are good and it only makes us stronger and resilient.
But the thing that drives us are those that brings us together: Universal values of equality, togetherness, kindness and our shared values and believes towards our work and responsibilities. Money is unfortunately a limited resource for our small organization, and although we try to give fair compensation based on market rates and what we can afford, we believe we can offer more through our work style and core values.
HIRING IS A TWO-WAY PROCESS
When we look to hire, we do not put out bullet point requirements on what the person we are looking to hire needs to fill: We will instead write how the position will help us, what the person taking up the role will learn from that role, an finally the skills that we think will help the person in that role.
We believe this is a two way process: It allows us to sit down, think, and with clarity decide what we want to achieve by hiring a certain role, and we will also be clear on what the person applying for the role might learn to grow herself. In the end, the only way for us to know if we're a good fit for each other is not through a one-hour interview, but for us to try to actually work together and find out.
AND YOU'RE WELCOMED TOO
These are the values that we believe in and try to practice in this small sphere of influence that we have in this huge world of ours, and we would very much would like welcome you here too.
Why this role is important
As romantic as “build it and they will come” sounds, in an increasingly accessible and competing world we live in is nigh impossible to attract a steady flow of customers - and keep them engaged in the long run - without proper setpieces of marketing on board.
That’s what this position is responsible for: to understand both the benefits of our products and services as well as the demands and needs of current and potential customers, connecting these two different poles to achieve a healthy client-business ecosystem.
You will need to understand both product and market, creating a compelling message that not only conveys our values but it’s also clear and concise to be broadly understood and accepted by potential customers.
Build it, tell them about it in a language they understand, enjoy, and only THEN they will come.
What will you learn from this role
- How to create a compelling marketing plan, from research to strategizing, executing and tracking our results
- How to understand current and potentials customer, addressing their needs and creating adaptive strategies that solve their problems - while simultaneously keeping true to the company’s values and goals
- How to use digital advertising platforms by creating compelling campaigns and tracking systematically the results with Google Analytics to keep the process in a constant flow of iteration
- How to set email marketing tools, learning to create not only compelling content but also a systemic and fluid strategy to keep the communication steady and engaging - both in attracting new customers as well as post-sales
- How to understand organic results and search engines algorithms, creating strategies and orienting the team to adjust our proprieties in a matter that attracts awareness without the use of paid resources
- How to prepare for conferences and events where we can take advantage of a great number of attendees, pushing for direct contact with guests and creating awareness towards our business
- How to track, measure, and report all our marketing initiatives, learning to read those results to validate and iterate our defined strategies
- How to utilize social media platforms, learning to engage with a different range of audiences and leveraging the benefits of social media to create engagement
- How to create support networks with the press, offering relevant information to them while gaining exposure due to their extended audiences
- How to create relevant content to be used across a different range of platforms, understanding what works in terms of text and visuals, adapting the creation accordingly to the established goals
- How to separate your own necessities and feelings as a customer from the actual demand of our potential customers, a thin line that must be clearly marked
- Work efficiently using online tools with remote teams in different timezones and countries, understanding the cultural nuances of working at an international environment as well as the benefits and limitations of the digital workspace
- How to share knowledge with other members of the team to help increase the overall skill set of the company, making connections between marketing with the different areas of our business
- How to work remotely and with little supervision, learning best practices and useful resources to aid you in the creation of a work routine that seamlessly blends with your personal life choices while still achieving great results and high efficiency on the job
- How to find creative satisfaction, a sense of accomplishment, and a fun atmosphere while executing something relevant to yourself, your team, and your customers
- Design marketing strategies to effectively communicate with potential customers, increasing exposition, awareness, and sales
- Create and develop relevant marketing content, as well as trackable systems and clear reports to close the iteration cycle
- To clearly understand and dominate the use of language, operating within its nuances to communicate with success the intended message to our customers, press, partners and team members
- Work together with Engineering, communicating the needs of Marketing as well as an overall understanding of the development process and how it influences the business' communications
- Work together with Design and UX interface team, understanding the link between customer satisfaction and product development
- Have a high standard of organization and intra-communication skills, attaining an efficient level of productivity with little to no supervision yet reporting clearly your progress to your supervisors
This role requires travel: Although we do not have an office and work 100% remotely, we do travel for training, conferences and team camps a few times a year.
Skills that will help you in this role
- A clear understanding of different spheres of marketing and how it communicates with other areas
- Understanding of planning, market analysis and development of strategies
- Able to read, write and communicate in both English and Japanese
- Fluency in the use of both languages, understanding its nuances and its targets while creating compelling content
- Experience in Google Analytics and other data-driven resources
- Curiosity-driven mind, self-discipline, result-oriented personality
- Understanding of creative practices as a science, not as a “eureka” moment
- Deep understanding of the current digital environment of search engines, social media, and data analysis
- Experience in graphic design tools to aid in the creation of visually compelling content
- Experience in event production and fast, seamless communication with different third parties
- Experience in public relations, creation of press releases and a general understanding of press leads